Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Beginning

I've been in plays before, but never something like this. I was looking forward to the intensive since I knew all it would consist of is acting, something I love to do. I'm interested to see how playing so many different characters (some being complete opposites of ourselves) will advance all of our acting skills. I was aware that the subject matter of the play was heavy, but I didn't think it would have such a strong effect on me as it already has. I'm not quite yet sure why the material is having such an intense impact on me; perhaps it is because we are diving so deep into the minds of our characters, that it truly does feel like we are part of the entire experience. The fact that we're going to be doing this all day every day for three weeks further heightens the emotion we all are feeling and will continue to feel. I hope that by the end, our production will have a powerful effect on the audience similar to the one it is having on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment