Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seth has entered the building. That second day was filled to the brim with shstuff. I had fun with my baptist minister character; I think I'm going to try to mimic an epic speech Jake Sully gave in Avatar. I still don't know how to take on my Jedediah speech early on in the act. At the moment I'm just putting the lines through my usual, " Seth acting style," (a lot of hand gestures, a couple steps one direction and then another, and a whole lot of charisma; although as the day wound down I lost most of that.) I've gotten so used to doing this, that it has no meaning behind it. It in itself has become a dead dogma to me. I do it like clockwork; no thought involved. Someone told me once to try binding my hands and feet together as I perform a monologue and see what might happen. They said that by channeling the emotional energy from my hand and feet movements to somewhere else it might change the dynamic of my presence on stage and the performance overall. It worked. kind of. I think. I know I can't make the same kind of choices for this play, but I can't think of any way to elicit the same feel I and my audience obtained in that first monologue. Seth has left the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment