Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First Post

Over Thanksgiving Break, I was definitely looking forward to a great experience where I would be acting 24/7 and spending time with really fun people. Little did I know that it would be much more than that. Once we, as a class, dug into the script and started breaking it down and blocking it, I realized that this is something much more than just what we are doing as a class, for a grade, or just for fun. The Laramie Project represents issues concerning discrimination and predjudice that are still completely relevant, even several years after the crime and after the play was made. This play, this piece of art, is wholeheartedly powerful. Because of this, I am incredibly humbled to be a part of this.

Alright, I know I am talking big right now, what with all my talk of world-wide symbolism concerning predjudice and discrimination. But, even though we cannot have a world-wide impact with our performance, I honestly think that we can have a large impact on this school with this play, since The Laramie Project is eye-opening and very, very powerful.

On a seperate note, I am SO excited to be working with such a great group of people. Despite the depressing subject matter, I am having a really good time and I know that we are going to have a great performance. The experience so far has been fantastic, and I feel that we have gotten a lot accomplished within the last couple days (we are almost finished with Act 1, and its only the night before the third day of the intensive). Can't wait for the rest of the intensive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment