Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hitting home

Hi guys, it’s Caroline M, but I can’t figure out how to make a new post since my blogspot is being stupid, so Victoria is posting this for me from her account. For this intensive, everyone always says ‘Isn’t your intensive really fun?!’ and…I have to say in a way, it is. The subject matter is in no way fun, it’s serious, and somber, but the people who are in the intensive make me love being in it, because of the way we are as a group. Our two dicussions over the past two days have made us grow as a group, and I love that. It has been a very emotional two days though. When Mr. L said, “well what if this would happen to someone we knew?” that’s when this whole play and the situation hit home for me. Someone that I’m close with is bisexual, and came out to me through a Facebook inbox message. It was a very emotional thing for me, because I had had no idea, but I still loved them for who they were, because they were still the same person, and that’s all that mattered. I could not imagine what they had to go through as they came out to classmates, and it began to get around, and then they were alienated and taunted for being who they were. I thought…if this ever happened to him. I put that person’s face in place of Matthew’s and I almost lost it a few times when we were all sitting together. I cannot fathom in any way, shape, or form, what went through Aaron or Russell’s head in order to commit such a horrible crime on a guy who was just minding his own business at a bar. I will never understand why they thought that hurting, and eventually killing, a man because of who he loves, was justified. It’s…mind blowing and sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment