Monday, December 5, 2011

End of Week One

Okay, my internet was on and off this weekend, and this apparently didn't go through. Sorry for the delay, but here is what I wrote:

I think that when today rolled around, the entire cast was mentally and physically exhausted. Friday's have always been rough in the intensive format, but I feel that this Friday hit much harder than just your average "intensive exhaustion".  Everyone is mentally beat, but I think there is a different logic behind what we are feeling, compared to our peers in other classes. We entrench ourselves both day and night talking about arguably one of the most vile hate crimes that has ever occurred on American soil. Yes, we are our characters for only technically 8 hours a day, tops, but we have to embody the nature of the character as we memorize our lines and blocking every night. There is no way around it; we have to revisit our characters at some point after school every day. Sometimes we only have to revisit it to brush through some lines that we missed, but we still have to understand what we are saying in order to fully memorize it, which leads us to revisit the blatant sadness of the Matthew Sheppard case.

We can only embody sadness for a certain amount of days at a time, without having it affect our well being. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this journey I get to partake on with my cast, however, I am grateful for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment