Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Show's Message

Okay, so I also watched Caroline's video and I think that it is really important that we all watch this, because like Victoria and Caroline said, it really helps to hit home the fact that Matthew was a real person, not some detached figure that we talk about in a play. He was real, and I think (again repeating what Victoria said) that it is great to watch this because it brings back the intensity and the emotion that we had the first week. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=matthew+shepard+video&oq=matthew+shepard+video&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=40l840l0l980l7l6l0l4l4l0l132l214l1.1l2l0

Also, I was looking at a bunch of the comments that people had posted to this video, and it kind of reminded me about how Matthew's death is still on many people's minds, even though it happened thirteen years ago. There are some extremely distateful, ugly and downright immoral comments posted on the video, and it brings to mind Justin's line about how words can be the seed of violence. After looking at those comments, I realized that this statement is very, very true. This is why it is important to do this show: The Laramie Project is a peaceful message that advocates for a world not controlled by hate, which is what many of those Youtube comments represent.

Anyways, I feel really good about the performance tomorrow and the run in general. I know everyone is going to do great, and I think that we are really going to surprise some people tomorrow night with the amount of work that we accomplished and the powerful message of the play. Good luck everybody and break a leg!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment