Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Numero tres

Ok so I'm really tired and I almost forgot to write this so, I'm going to make this quick so I can go to sleep. Now I'm starting to understand my character Sherry Johnson in act 2. At first I thought Sherry was just ignorant about the whole Matthew Shepard situation, but she actually does feel bad and I can see where she is coming from. She is just pissed off that the people didn't recognize the death of a patrolman who was killed on the same night as Matthew. Usually when a policeman or woman dies on duty, it's a big deal. There are usually ceremonies and vigils for them but instead the people of Laramie are raising Matthew on a pedestal and not the patrolman. She just thinks the patrolman should have more recognition than a small article in the newspaper. Now she does feel what happened to Matthew was terrible but she thinks everybody needs to recognize the death of the patrolman instead of glorifying Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment